Derek Sivers Shares His Deep Thought and Profound Insights
In this super-sized episode of the Art of Passive Income podcast, Mark interviews his most sought-after guest, Derek Sivers.
Derek is a modern-day philosopher and phenomenal entrepreneur. Formerly a programmer, musician, TED speaker and circus clown, Derek sold his first company, CD Baby, for $22 million–and gave all the money to charity!
You’ll want to hear Mark and Derek ponder diverse perspectives, books, music and ideas, including:
- How Derek stays unapologetically clear on his purpose and how he invests his time
- His take on the chapter, “Happy, Smart, and Useful” in his book, Hell Yeah or No
- Derek’s spin on marketing in his book, Your Music and People
- The value in being quirky
- His writing process for the book ,How To Live
- What he means when he says, “Work is love in action.”
- His best tips for seeing–and immersing yourself in–the world
- Is standardization the killer of soulfulness?
- What he means when he wrote: “Nothing destroys money faster than seeking status”
- Is it harder to write a great album or a great book
- Which three books would he take to a desert island for three months and why
- Abraham Maslow’s theory on self actualization
Derek also discloses what’s next for him. Learn more about Derek Sivers at sive.rs.
WANT TO LISTEN MORE?
Did you like this episode? If so, tune into another Art of Passive Income podcast episode to learn the Land Geeks favorite reads.
“Are you ready to learn more about land investing? Just click HERE to schedule a call.”
“Isn’t it time to create passive income so you can work where you want when you want, and with whomever you want?”